BE A SANTA TO A SENIOR
HOME INSTEAD SENIOR CARE
Share the holiday spirit with the Be a Santa to a Senior® service program! It’s a way to brighten the lives of lonely or isolated seniors in your community. This program has touched so many lives . . . in the last five years, 60,000 volunteers delivered more than one million gifts to 660,000 seniors.
How your organization can help:
• Set up a Christmas tree in a high traffic area and post a pre-printed sign next to the tree during the holiday season. If you’re unable to put a tree in the shopping area, consider placing it in your employee lounge. Or if you don’t have a large space for a tree, consider using a wreath.
• If you’re not able to host a tree, a $100 donation would be greatly appreciated. Your donation would help cover expenses and gifts to seniors.
How the program works:
1. Area non-profit agencies will provide the names of lonely or financially challenged seniors in our community, as well as gift ideas for each senior. Volunteers will write the first name or code name of the participating senior and their gift preferences on a Be a Santa to a Senior tree gift tag. Each tag will be placed on the Christmas tree by program volunteers.
2. Your customers will pull a gift tag from the tree and purchase gift(s) for the senior from the gift ideas listed on the tag. The gifts and corresponding tags will be grouped together and placed under the Christmas tree, or at a store location of your preference.
3. Program volunteers will regularly collect gifts and refresh tree tags as needed and then deliver the gifts to each participating senior.
Press releases will be submitted to local print and electronic media outlets to announce the Be a Santa to a Senior program, with your location prominently featured in each release. Your participation is greatly appreciated! For more information, call:
Home Instead Senior Care
Sharon Jones - Home Care Consultant